HOPE Christian Academy now serves
families in South Carolina
HOPE Christian Academy meets the statutory requirements as a homeschool association in the state of South Carolina. Please read the following requirements before application:
SOUTH CAROLINA Section 59-65-47. Associations for home schools; requirements.
Universal Citation: SC Code § 59-65-47 (2017)
"In lieu of the requirements of Section 59-65-40 or Section 59-65-45, parents or guardians may teach their children at home if the instruction is conducted under the auspices of an association for home schools which has no fewer than fifty members and meets the requirements of this section. Bona fide membership and continuing compliance with the academic standards of the associations exempts the home school from the further requirements of Section 59-65-40 or Section 59-65-45.
The State Department of Education shall conduct annually a review of the association standards to ensure that requirements of the association, at a minimum, include:
(a) a parent must hold at least a high school diploma or the equivalent general educational development (GED) certificate;
(b) the instructional year is at least one hundred eighty days;
(c) the curriculum includes, but is not limited to, the basic instructional areas of reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies, and in grades seven through twelve, composition and literature; and
(d) educational records shall be maintained by the parent-teacher and include:
(1) a plan book, diary, or other record indicating subjects taught and activities in which the student and parent-teacher engage;
(2) a portfolio of samples of the student's academic work; and
(3) a semiannual progress report including attendance records and individualized documentation of the student's academic progress in each of the basic instructional areas specified in item (c) above.
By January thirtieth of each year, all associations shall report the number and grade level of children home schooled through the association to the children's respective school districts."
Register with HOPE Christian Academy South Carolina in THREE easy steps:
1. Pay Tuition & make a note of the PayPal transaction number (needed on Online Application Form):
2. Complete the Online Application Form:
3. Email the following documents to director@HopeChristAcad.org (MUST be emailed on the SAME day that Tuition and Online Application Form is submitted. Applicants MUST list "SC HOPE Application" and your Family Name as the Subject of the email.
a. Copy of Parent/Guardian(s) State Issued ID
b. Copy of Parent/Guardian(s) High School Diploma or GED Certificate
c. Copy of Student(s) Birth Certificate
d. Copy of Student(s) School Records (as soon as available)
Registration takes 4-6 weeks to process. If you need EXPRESS service, you may pay the Express Processing Fee to receive your forms in 2 business days. Please do not hesitate to call